Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Chabad Fisherman

I got this friend who "fishes" in the strangest of places. His catches are often exotically colorful. He canvassed America for this fishing hole, and now stakes his claim in the backhills of Clearwater Florida. He sent me this email, and this picture of a recent "catch".
 - - - - - - - - 
Here is Bob S[beep], founder of reform temple Ahavat Shalom here in Clearwater Fl. back in the 70`s.  I went to the gym last Friday to lift some weights, and as I was about to leave this guy comes in and I ask him "ARE YOU JEWISH?"  He says "YES", so I went to the car, got him some challah made by Raizy, AND PUT ON TEFILLIN WITH HIM FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE IN HIS 60`S!!!  You can see me in the mirror taking the picture with my cell phone!!!

No comments:

ShareThis